TAG - I'm it.
Ok, I was tagged by a Sly eye. I'm not shy, so I guess I will let it fly. Why? Mainly because of Polly PI. She's spry. *ahem* My throats a little dry. I tried really hard not to lie. But the possiblity of answers are as open as the clear blue sky. For some of them, in fact, I may very well fry. But I di
gress..........
1 - Imagine it’s 2015. You are visiting the library at a major research university. You go over to a computer terminal (or whatever it is they use in 2015) that gives you immediate access to any book or journal article on any topic you want. What do you look up? In other words, what do you hope somebody will have written in the meantime?
About where the heck I put my freakin car keys. It would be nice to read that there has been a cure for cancer and hiv/aids. And maybe the latest review on the Ford Mustang. But you know what’d be really nice? I’d like to be able to still read it all in English.
2 - What is the strangest thing you’ve ever heard or seen at a conference? No names, please. Refer to “Professor X” or “Ms. Y” if you must. Double credit if you were directly affected. Triple if you then said or did something equally weird.
Well, the strangest thing I ever saw and heard was this one time I decided to hold a conference, well if you must get technical; it was more of a seminar really, in my pants. I was directly affected by seeing how many people came. So a triple I guess, because, I then decided to do something equally weird. And what I took away from it really stuck with me. Also, at a Dale Carnegie course we had to the opportunity to build confidence by standing up in front of a class of 25 peers and give 2 minute talks over various topics and in various forms of emotions. I was affected and I still use some of the tools I learned there today in every aspect of life. If you have it available to you, I recommend you take it, no matter what your age. (we had a few just months away from retirement) But Quadruple points to whoever chooses to take the extra $1,800.00 they have for the course and NOT go Vegas.
3 - Name a writer, scholar, or otherwise worthy person you admire so much that meeting him or her would probably reduce you to awestruck silence.
Andy Rooney, he’s a hoot and half and I’m not sure what the heck I’d say to the man. Or John Stewart, he’s entirely too witty for me. I’m afraid I’d have no comeback, merely awkward laughter. And then both of my biological grandmothers. I’m certain that along with being great writers, they were also otherwise worthy people. I never had the opportunity to meet either one of them. And let’s face it, seeing two old ladies pop up outta there graves of over thirty years would just be damn freaky.
4 - What are two or three blogs or other Web sites you often read that don’t seem to be on many people’s radar?
Defintiely Christobols site/blog, the man is a genius. The radar will soon be picking him up.
Also a good read is the (apparently I've temporarily lost my HTML badge) Happy Homemaker at http://www.happyhomemaker.blogspot.com/
And a weird read is the Ephemeral Isle at http://www.davidszondy.com/ephemeral/ephemeral.htm
My source for some great obscurities and another soon to be radar blip , my cousin, over at Batesline
I, sadly, along with Bismuth and Hanes am choosing to go Tagless. I was not irritated by it Leets, so don't tell Sly that. But, you can tell her NEENER! for me.
gress..........
1 - Imagine it’s 2015. You are visiting the library at a major research university. You go over to a computer terminal (or whatever it is they use in 2015) that gives you immediate access to any book or journal article on any topic you want. What do you look up? In other words, what do you hope somebody will have written in the meantime?
About where the heck I put my freakin car keys. It would be nice to read that there has been a cure for cancer and hiv/aids. And maybe the latest review on the Ford Mustang. But you know what’d be really nice? I’d like to be able to still read it all in English.
2 - What is the strangest thing you’ve ever heard or seen at a conference? No names, please. Refer to “Professor X” or “Ms. Y” if you must. Double credit if you were directly affected. Triple if you then said or did something equally weird.
Well, the strangest thing I ever saw and heard was this one time I decided to hold a conference, well if you must get technical; it was more of a seminar really, in my pants. I was directly affected by seeing how many people came. So a triple I guess, because, I then decided to do something equally weird. And what I took away from it really stuck with me. Also, at a Dale Carnegie course we had to the opportunity to build confidence by standing up in front of a class of 25 peers and give 2 minute talks over various topics and in various forms of emotions. I was affected and I still use some of the tools I learned there today in every aspect of life. If you have it available to you, I recommend you take it, no matter what your age. (we had a few just months away from retirement) But Quadruple points to whoever chooses to take the extra $1,800.00 they have for the course and NOT go Vegas.
3 - Name a writer, scholar, or otherwise worthy person you admire so much that meeting him or her would probably reduce you to awestruck silence.
Andy Rooney, he’s a hoot and half and I’m not sure what the heck I’d say to the man. Or John Stewart, he’s entirely too witty for me. I’m afraid I’d have no comeback, merely awkward laughter. And then both of my biological grandmothers. I’m certain that along with being great writers, they were also otherwise worthy people. I never had the opportunity to meet either one of them. And let’s face it, seeing two old ladies pop up outta there graves of over thirty years would just be damn freaky.
4 - What are two or three blogs or other Web sites you often read that don’t seem to be on many people’s radar?
Defintiely Christobols site/blog, the man is a genius. The radar will soon be picking him up.
Also a good read is the (apparently I've temporarily lost my HTML badge) Happy Homemaker at http://www.happyhomemaker.blogspot.com/
And a weird read is the Ephemeral Isle at http://www.davidszondy.com/ephemeral/ephemeral.htm
My source for some great obscurities and another soon to be radar blip , my cousin, over at Batesline
I, sadly, along with Bismuth and Hanes am choosing to go Tagless. I was not irritated by it Leets, so don't tell Sly that. But, you can tell her NEENER! for me.


3 Comments:
Laughed hysterically at the seminar* in your pants. Almost got caught at work; thanks. :P
*Not directly, of course; I've never seen your seminar.
I think I like it.
My seminar I mean.
One may tend to like one's own seminar better than others.
Or not.
Post a Comment
<< Home