Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tattoo of the Week



Thoth and the Eye of Horus

This weeks tattoo is brought to you by BrianB and the Penguin Thwackers (gnfarb?). He also happens to be my twin. No really. Well, Cyber twin anyway.

He tells us that his tattoo is of Thoth, who was the Egyptian God of Wisdom, also he was considered the God of Writing, and was responsible for recording the judgements of souls by Anubis. Above the tattoo of Thoth, is the Eye of Horus, which the Egyptians believed to have healing and protective powers.

Very cool Brian and thanks for sharing. That reminds me, I never did tell you guys what our tattoos stand for. Basically all known Celtic knotwork originally stood for nothing. It was just a background filler for Artwork on letters, and paintings and such. But over time people have begun to attach meanings to them, personal or religious or otherwise, and our personal/religious belief for ours is that for us it represents strength, courage, serenity, wisdom, and and the overall encomapassing circle of life. Most importantly of which, we are intricately intertwined.

If you a have any tattoos you'd like to share, along with a story behind them or even if you would like one and have a story behind that, and would like to do so on this Blog, please feel free to send them in along with a six pack of bottled Guinness (Brilliant!) and I'll be more than happy to expose you for at least a week. Leave a comment and I'll get in touch. Well not touching, because well, we all know this is a family Blog afterall.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm famous!

Thanks Fish, that Guinness (Brilliant!) is on it's way.

Of course, it's just my empties. I wanted to be sure that you were getting a quality product, so I had to taste test it.....all of it.

It was really good. There'll probably be some of that Guinness smell left by the time it gets there so......

Enjoy!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Leetie said...

Nice!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brainb, cool tat, got anymore you would like to show?

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home