flight school
It's pitch dark. Except for where the moonlight reflects itself of the rock ledge. I run towards the edge, not looking down, building up momentum as I take my last step, and I close my eyes as I take a great leap into the unknown.
The feeling of falling and the speed of gravity pulling me downward make my stomach lurch up into my throat and my entire body suddenly starts tingling sharply with the rush of adrenaline. I am overwhelmingly scared. I may very well die. What will that feel like. Pain? Or just darkness. Again, I'm afraid that at any moment, I will slam into something hard, and it won't stop me there. I will then continue to painfully tumble downward crashing into imovable objects only to be punctured, slashed and broken. But suddenly, my body becomes light. I feel a soft warm rush of air all around me. And slowly, I start to descend upward. All my fear has vanished in that instant and is replaced by pure joy.
I am fascinated with dreams of being able to fly.
The feeling of falling and the speed of gravity pulling me downward make my stomach lurch up into my throat and my entire body suddenly starts tingling sharply with the rush of adrenaline. I am overwhelmingly scared. I may very well die. What will that feel like. Pain? Or just darkness. Again, I'm afraid that at any moment, I will slam into something hard, and it won't stop me there. I will then continue to painfully tumble downward crashing into imovable objects only to be punctured, slashed and broken. But suddenly, my body becomes light. I feel a soft warm rush of air all around me. And slowly, I start to descend upward. All my fear has vanished in that instant and is replaced by pure joy.
I am fascinated with dreams of being able to fly.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home