Monday, September 12, 2005

Maybe Air Lingus

It didn't take as long as I thought to pack up all my sweaters and jeans. Gee, I have a whole hour to kill. Better make sure I have the skeleton key. It seems important somehow, even though Mr Thinset never mentioned anything about it. And, I should probably have a preflight drink or two, don't ya think? Ok. You talked me into it. I don't particularly like to fly, and I'm partial to a drink or two. Wine sounds like a good choice for a long couple of flights. I pop the cork on a bottle of Casarsa Pinot Grigio, Pinot Blanc mix. Not bad for the price. I pour a heavy glass full and make my way over to the phone to make a few calls. I callled pops and talke with the boys for a bit, and then I gave Kip a call and let him know the news. I poured another glass. Kip was just as floored as I was. But even so, he made sure to keep a level head about him and reminded me to be sure to thoroughly investigate the strip clubs over there and make sure that they were safe and hospitable to new comers. I assured him that I could take care of that. After I hung up I looked again at the tickets Mr. Matthews handed me again. This seems strange, the flight pattern I mean. Surely there was a more straight through flight than this. I guess he didn't know when it would happen and had to book them last minute. Which is why I'm guessing I'm having to fly into New Haven, Ct. Odd. Then a lay over and fly back to Philly, and from there, finally off on a direct flight into Dublin. It would be quite a drive from Dublin to County Cork. But I was actually looking forward to it. I have never been to Ireland. It has long been a dream of mine to one day go visit and see the places of my heritage. I just never thought it possible. Now I will be able to drive the countryside in a leisurely fashion and soak up all the beautiful scenery, and of course by that, I mean the Pubs. I've heard there's Billions. Buhzillions and Buhzillions of endless kegs of Guinness. Oh, the humanity. If that's true, I won't reach Cork until 2023. No, I must stay focused on this first of what I am guessing, is going to be many trips. I have to head straight there to meet Ms. Jameson. She will be expecting me. Probably not expecting me to be quite the dumbass that I am, but expecting me all the same. I have alot of questions and hopefully she is as full of answers as I usually am of barley and hops. I check my bags and make it through security keeping with me the folder. Which I nicknamed "Hope". As Hope and I loaded the plane to Connecticut, I placed my carry on bag above the seat in it's usual spot and just as I latched the door shut, I heard KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. I inadvertently dropped Hope on the ground and feel backwards plowing my ass directly into an elderly man face. I started to sweat profusely. I slowly stood up and glanced back at assface, but couldn't muster an apology. I just stood there in shock staring at the closed door that I swear just KNOCKED at me.

"AAHH! JESUS!!" I shouted as the flight attendant took hold of my inner bicep and scared even
more piss outta me.

"Are you ok sir?" she asked.

Wiping the sweat from my face with my sleeve, I took a deep breathe. I just know they're gonna think there's a bomb or something in there by my idiotic acting. Fuck I sure hope not. And crap, where's Hope? I look down.

"Here you are sir. Can I get you a glass of water perhaps?" She handed me the folder which hand undoubtedly spilled all over the aisle of the plane.

"Uhm Yeah, you now what, I think I will take you up on that shot of tequilla m'am. Thanks."

I took Hope back from her and smiled and slowly got buckled into my seat and began looking out the window and wondering just what in the hell I was going to do about this everygrowing Knocking problem. I got a long ass flight or two ahead of me. I decided it best to focus on the perky set of knockers from a Canadian Zoodle that sat down beside in the middle seat. Yeah, I'm feeling better already.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're worried about KNOCKING and you're focusing on knockers?

You need more than a shot of tequila, sweetie...:)

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...or did I just fall for a set up?

Say it isn't so!

10:57 AM  
Blogger MrFisher said...

Hey, Knockers are what I know.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home