Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Maybe HollyWood

As I was somewhere over the Atlantic ocean, and trying as much as possible to not keep reminding myself of that minor detail. I slammed back another shot of Tequilla. The caffeine had long since worn off and I had read over Hope, through every last page, and there musta been seventy-five to a hundred of them, detailing this, appointing me that and on and on and on, lots of formalities to be gone over with Ms. Jameson. But, at least I think I know pretty much what I'm in for. I guess it's not going to be a very long night. Wanting to take my mind off both Hope and the freezing depth of the waters of the ocean below, I began to remember a young, very attractive woman I happened to catch a glance at in New Haven, while I was running from the screaming pooper man, and trying to catch my flight. She was in the bar having a Boulevard Wheat with Lemon, which caught my eye at first asI grabbed a stool a few feet away from her. Good taste. I like that in a woman. Bad tasting women are really just, well probably in need of a shower, but I'm afraid that some are just born that way. She had the kind of beauty that you don't see everyday, even if you are very well traveled man. Which I like to think of myself from time to time. Even thought there is nothing further from the truth. Anyway, this woman was I'd guess in her early thirties, dark hair, 5 ft 10 ish, stacked with just the right amount of meat for . Oh, um sorry. What I noticed about her first was her smile. It seemed to light up the entire airport. I'm not sure what someone could be that happy about, unless it was just Happy hour itself kicking in. I was setting close enough to her at the bar to over hear some of her conversation with the bar tender as I was catching the game and putting away my happy quarter of an hour. I overheard her tell the bartender that sometimes just for shits and giggles she likes to come up to the airport just to see what kind of idiots New Haven actually lets pass through. I must have chortled out loud, because she turned my way and we locked eyes for a brief moment, and I completely forgot where or who I was. In a matter of a moment, a sheer few seconds, those eyes of hers just melted me. God, was she ever stunning. Beauty right out of Hollywood, and here she was, right here in New Freaking Haven America. And at the airport bar no less. Also, I heard her rooting for the Red Sox, so that was also a plus. She told the bartender she was kidding of course and that she was really waiting there to pick up a dear friend of hers from out of town. She also told him she wasn't much of a basball fan, even though it had the word ball in it, she was more of a tennis girl. Less clothing, more sweat, you know? she said. We all had a good laugh, and I was very upset that I had to leave. Had I any balls, I would have asked for her number and told her what I was doing and that I would be back through sometime next week and maybe we could grab dinner or something, but I figured she'd think my story was a load of shit, and the worlds worst pick up line. I'm sure goddess body she had, she had undoubtly heard a million of them. I know I wouldn't have believed it, Hell I hardly did, and I was doing it. So, as usual I chickened out. She was entirely out of my league anyway. A gorgeous woman, with a sharp wit, humour, who had her shit together and eyes that could make you melt on the spot. *long sigh* Maybe I should have. Maybe I shouldn't be thinking those thought so soon. Ah well, I can dream right?

So for the rest of the flight that's exactly what I did. I asked for a blanket and a pillow and covered myself up and began to think about all the things a woman like that could do to a guy like me. And as I drifted off to sleep I began to try and picture what her place must look like, what it smelled like, what color panties she was wearing, did she even wear panties? did she live alone? and if so, did she ever leave the toilet seat up? Finally, I settled on trying to picture what what her bathroom looked like, more importantly her tub. I was picturing an old clawfoot tub on a new tile floor, and her in it, taking a long relaxing bubbly bath, with all the lights off and only a few candles lit. I blissfully drifted off to dreamland with a very comforting smile on my face and an ever growing blanket on my lap. Guess it is gonna be long afterall.

3 Comments:

Blogger Belldemon said...

Quite the flurry of 'Maybe....' activity lately eh bro?

I might also mention that this past weekend while I was visiting my brother (3 years younger I might add). He let me know that he will be going to Ireland in about 2 weeks. His girlfriend is a flight attendant and gets cheap international travel.

I think I need to beat his ass. I did, however, make sure to tell him to have a Guinness for me.

7:53 AM  
Blogger MrFisher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll never be too old to do anything, Fish! As Rod Stewart said it, Forever Young!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home