Thanks for Giving
It's almost upon us.
A time to give thanks.
I will go ahead and give mine today.
I am most thankful for having such a great group of friends. Both in real life (as they say) and via the internet. (which to me is very real as well.)
Friends are hard to come by. Good friends that is. I never realized this growing up, it seemed as though I had more friends than I could shake a stick at. (some, I'm sure I did, in a friendly sorta way) But as time goes by and everyone grows up, we started to grow apart. Mostly due to starting familes, and careers, or telling Booger jokes. And then one day it hits you. Or it did me, Hey where the heck did everybody go?
Well. I don't know. I'm getting off base here.
I have been lucky enough to find some really great friends who wouldn't hesitate to give you the shirt off their back.
And for that, I am truly thankful.
Also, I am thankful for being surrounded on a daily basis by two very good looking young boys. My boys. They have kept me grounded and focused through times of uncertainty. I never would have thought that they could have such a positive impact on my mental and pyshical health. So, a many BIG thanks to those two rascals.
I am of course thankful as well for many other things. And I've seen a list of 50 things about yourself some have posted, and I'm turning that into 50 things I'm thankful for.
Such as (and these are in no certain order, just off the top of my head)
1. All the enlisted
2. Vitamin D
3. Sunshine
4. My Father
5. Cheese
6. The ability to Laugh
7. A Fireplace
8. Cheerleaders
9. Weblogs
10. Toilet Paper
11. Kodachrome
12. Flaming Hot Cheetos
13. Fishing Poles
14. Freedom
15. In-Laws (yeah, you read that right. I'm lucky, mine are pretty great.)
16. My Health
17. Batteries
18. Vacuum Cleaners
19. Cheers
20. Sterling Silver
21. Football
22. Showers
23. Beer
24. Firefighters
25. Post it notes
26. Plants
27. Squeeshy Stress Reliever Balls
28. Calendars ;)
29. Pickles
30. My mom
31. Books
32. Hammocks
33. Speed Dial
34. E-mail
35. Beer
36. New Carpet
37. Flexibilty
38. Poetry
39. Scanners
40. Matches
41. Scientists (Mad or otherwise)
42. Percocet
43. Grapevines
44. Koozees
45. Luke Skywalker
46. Softball
47. Cheesecake
48. Ziplock Bags
49. Charcoal
50. Beer
Thanks. I can't seem to say it enough.
A time to give thanks.
I will go ahead and give mine today.
I am most thankful for having such a great group of friends. Both in real life (as they say) and via the internet. (which to me is very real as well.)
Friends are hard to come by. Good friends that is. I never realized this growing up, it seemed as though I had more friends than I could shake a stick at. (some, I'm sure I did, in a friendly sorta way) But as time goes by and everyone grows up, we started to grow apart. Mostly due to starting familes, and careers, or telling Booger jokes. And then one day it hits you. Or it did me, Hey where the heck did everybody go?
Well. I don't know. I'm getting off base here.
I have been lucky enough to find some really great friends who wouldn't hesitate to give you the shirt off their back.
And for that, I am truly thankful.
Also, I am thankful for being surrounded on a daily basis by two very good looking young boys. My boys. They have kept me grounded and focused through times of uncertainty. I never would have thought that they could have such a positive impact on my mental and pyshical health. So, a many BIG thanks to those two rascals.
I am of course thankful as well for many other things. And I've seen a list of 50 things about yourself some have posted, and I'm turning that into 50 things I'm thankful for.
Such as (and these are in no certain order, just off the top of my head)
1. All the enlisted
2. Vitamin D
3. Sunshine
4. My Father
5. Cheese
6. The ability to Laugh
7. A Fireplace
8. Cheerleaders
9. Weblogs
10. Toilet Paper
11. Kodachrome
12. Flaming Hot Cheetos
13. Fishing Poles
14. Freedom
15. In-Laws (yeah, you read that right. I'm lucky, mine are pretty great.)
16. My Health
17. Batteries
18. Vacuum Cleaners
19. Cheers
20. Sterling Silver
21. Football
22. Showers
23. Beer
24. Firefighters
25. Post it notes
26. Plants
27. Squeeshy Stress Reliever Balls
28. Calendars ;)
29. Pickles
30. My mom
31. Books
32. Hammocks
33. Speed Dial
34. E-mail
35. Beer
36. New Carpet
37. Flexibilty
38. Poetry
39. Scanners
40. Matches
41. Scientists (Mad or otherwise)
42. Percocet
43. Grapevines
44. Koozees
45. Luke Skywalker
46. Softball
47. Cheesecake
48. Ziplock Bags
49. Charcoal
50. Beer
Thanks. I can't seem to say it enough.


7 Comments:
Thank you - for being you!! And for all the entertainment you've provided - you make me laugh! Which is the best thing a friend can do, IMO! :)
neo...beer and cheesecake? Not together, I hope. While both are very very good...I don't know that together is best...
You've never had beer flavored cheesecake? You're missing out Susan.
Fish! *hughug* You be da man.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sorry, I got all overexcited and double posted. All over Fish's blog.
*finds towel and wipes up mess*
How mortifying.
I'm feeling good--i beat out cheese, pickles, toilet paper and beer except you mentioned beer twice!
Thanks again everyone!!!
And, You're quite welcome pops!
But, I actually mentioned beer three times. ;)
(There are alot of Freeloaders around here.)
Just kidding Neo!
You guys help yourselves, I've got more than enough of everyth, eek, except for toilet paper.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Oh well, I have a yard full of leaves, nevermind. ;-P
Post a Comment
<< Home