Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Philslips 66

A Brand New Phillips 66 gas station went up on the corner. Ok, I say brand new, it's been there a year now probably, maybe a little longer.

Anyhoo. I'm driving by it for the first time since gas prices rose above the $2.00 mark. As I happen to glance up at the 50 foot sign rising into the clouds, I nearly run off the road at what I see before my eyes. The Giant sign in the sky read, and I swear, I'm not making this up,

.68

As I approached the station (in the right directional lane of traffic now) I noticed the smaller signs read $2.68. I thought maybe it was because of a magnetic malfuntion or a lightbulb had burned out.

Turns out, when they built the sign they never intended gasoline to reach over $1 a gallon and only made the dollar amount in the shape of a 1.

Double Doh!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

$2.68!!!!

I wish we had gas here in su.so.ca. for that price - $2.86 is more like it here!

p.s. When will the plane get to Ireland?

*taps fingers*

1:24 PM  
Blogger MrFisher said...

How long does it take Viagra to wear off? ;)

(and why do I think Eleanor would know the answer to this?)

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eleanor only knows what she hears on commercials:

Erections lasting longer than 4 hours must be taken to a hospital immediately.

Although why you'd want to stop having fun after ONLY 4 hours is a mystery to me....*snork*

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home